Monday, July 30, 2007

now i am...

"wow! amazing! you still can write chinese!" -Yee En (sms)

many people assumed that i've already deleted every single bits of chinese in me after almost one and half year stay in Manipal since i never like chinese. like what Vincent told me the other day, "you've not been updating yourself on chinese social activity la... now this one dunno, that one dunno".

ok, that i admit. since i only read The Star newspaper.

but i still write chinese!!! i still can read! even scientific terms. huh!

ok ok, exaggerating. i can only write normal day-to-day-use chinese only. the reason is, my grandfather insists that i should write letter to him in chinese instead of calling back so often. firstly, he doesn't want me to waste money on calling home. Secondly, he doesn't want me to forget chinese because he says that we'd spent so much on chinese school, so it's not worth it to forget the things that i've learnt, especially chinese culture.

the very first time i heard this from my mom, i was like, "oh man!". i have almost forgeting how to write my name.

well, to please my grandpa (he's 87), i decided to start writing chinese letter to him.
man! the first letter almost killed me. with the help of my handphone (yeap! now you know how i write chinese), i spent almost an hour or two to finish it.

he was happy. mom told me that he literally kept my letter under his pillow and read it over and over again.

mission accomplished.


"I said i saw you online la not Mid Valley, LAME!" - Yee En (MSN messenger)
"Nickson is LAME!" - Lai Yin (Ilyani's voice recorder)
(the list goes on and on)

Did Manipal actually made me lame? i always wonder.
na! i still can walk!

still remember last time i used to be very shy. i didn't dare to even speak out my thoughts, forget about cracking jokes. i enjoyed listening to Jared Ang and David Lim's lame jokes during our Sabah mission trip. that's all i remember about people being lame

well of course being lame is not something good to boast about. in fact i shall repent and stop doing that. but i always wanted to make people laugh.



"i scared blood and dead body la" - niCk to mom (deciding if i should take MBBS
or Biotech)
"you came back form the mortuary and you haven't bathe? you know how dirty is the mortuary? ... yada, yada... stay away!" - Lai Yin (after scrubbing her skin so hard to disinfect herself after watching autopsy)

i always thought that i would faint on my first dissection class. nope! i passed! and i thought i would faint during my first autopsy. well, i passed that too! (dissection and autopsy ain't the same. there's blood splashing all over in autopsy but not in dissection)

still remember there was once i rat died in from of my house. i tried as much as possible not to step on it when i go out for dinner that night. when we came back, i volunter to open the gate. once i stepped out of the car, i felt something slimmy was underneath my slipper. in a fraction of second, i jumped up knowing that i stepped on the poor rat.

gosh! after that i jump around shouting as thought someone has shot me with a rifle.

so i can say that now i'm pretty much brave to deal with blood as well as dead body. so don't mess up with me!
otherwise inn shan will use his forensic knowledge to perform a murder that is so confusing enough that nobody can find investigate the case. haha!


"stand straight. when you lift up your hands, lift it up straight. sing with confidence" - Pastor Foo (holding my leg so that i could stand properly when i
started to lead worship in church)


i alway have the passion for worship and to some extend, music. always blame my mom for not sending me for piano lessons. (blame here with the understanding that it wasn't affordable for her to send me to music class last time.)
i always admire those people who can play music. i always tell people that i'm can be a guitarist, but i'm not a musician. i always want to be a great worship leader.

back home in XYZ (xtraordinary youth zone), i don't have much oportinity to lead and to play in the worship team. well who wanna choose a lousy guitarist like me when there's so many great musician in the team. moreover i have a crappy voice that cannot last me for long. well, can't help it. dunno means dunno. "not many people can be musically tuned" - Christine

but my passion for worship is still there!

in Manipal, i have the chance to learn worship leading since every week i'm doing it. so much so that i'm tired of it.
practice makes perfect. now i can even lead with guitar. thought still musically deaf. of course there's a long way for me to go to being a great worship leader. after all, worship is not just about music, it is about my devotion to God.

it's is in Manipal, medical school to be exact, that i learn how to rely on God more. it's not easy to study medicine (duh!) but with the promises of God in me, everything turn out to be good!

art of worship is not easy. it's all about having the heart of worship that worship God in all the things that i do.

does everything that i do glorify God?


"life goes on" - niCk (annoyingly)

well, Manipal pretty much made me a different person. i can't be what i was two years back ler...

but there's alot of things yet to be changed.

moving on...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is the heart not the skills.. dedication & commitment.. Tats what God sees.. All things will be added unto u..
-angel-

k0k s3n w4i said...

Did Manipal actually made me lame? i always wonder.
na! i still can walk!


Oh Lordy.

This time it's lame enuf to be funny xD

Anonymous said...

lol.. no charity laugh this time..
-angel-