Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Wedding and Mini Family Getaway

After a long and stressful weekend, I couldn't wait to leave Kapit albeit with a heavy heart because of the unstable patients I left behind.

Took Ethan on his 9th express boat ride out of Kapit, 9th AirAsia flight from Sibu to KL and his first ERL ride back home. He was an angel throughout the flight. He slept without making a big huha, eats his own food and played with us before he fell asleep again. Well, happy mood during day time comes with bad mood at night. He cried to sleep and woke up a few times throughout the first night back in KL.

One of the things I secretly anticipating for was durian. I know well enough that my father in law will definitely get durian to eat with us when we are back. True enough, we had so much durian that we had to forgo our dinner. Like father like son, Ethan devoured the durian we offered him and he really liked it a lot. So much that when we removed the durian from his mouth, he started crying. A true Malaysian is born!

The main reason we were back in KL was for Wai Kit and Carine's wedding.

Solemnisation and Exchange of Vows, IN CHINESE. Well done Carine!
No love story has touched me as much as Wai Kit and Carine's. I teared a lil when Wai Kit told his part of the story how Carine took care of him when he was in the ICU and how Carine was asking people to pray for Wai Kit when he was badly injured from a motorcycle accident. A walking miracle and faith. Had a great time catching up with Inn Shan and Yee Ling together with the ex-Kapit people during the wedding dinner.

Attended DUMC live at home on Sunday as Ps Daniel preached on Acts 2. The rest of the day was just resting at home and did some windows shopping in MV before having dinner with mom.

The most painful part of this trip is to leave behind Angel and Ethan in KL as I travelled back to Kapit alone. I alway enjoy travelling alone. But this time I miss Ethan moving about in my arms during the flight. I miss him putting his slimy finger all around my face before wiping his face full of saliva on my shirt. I miss hugging him.

As I will be back in Kapit alone preparing for my exams in September, I can rest assure that Angel will take really good care of Ethan. Cannot ask for a more capable wife like Angel.

Counting my blessings.

No comments: