Friday, April 6, 2007

At the Cross

At the Cross - Hillsong

verse 1
Oh Lord You've searched me,
You know my way;
Even when I fail You,
I know You love me.

verse 2
Your holy presence
Surrounding me
In every season,
I know You love me;
I know You love me.

chorus:
At the cross I bow my knee,
Where Your blood was shed for me,
There's no greater love than this.
You have overcome the grave,
Your glory fills the highest place,
What can separate me now?

verse 3:
You go before me,
You shield my way,
Your hand upholds me;
I know You love me.

bridge:
You tore the veil,
You made a way
When You said that it is done.

verse 4
And when the earth fades,
Falls from my eyes,
And You stand before me,
I know You love me;
I know You love me.

it goes "deng deng deng deng deng"
then again "deng deng deng deng deng"
then again "deng deng deng deng deng"
and one last time "deng deng deng deng deng ... O Lord You've..."

ok ok! that reminds me of Jefferey Cheah because when he lead worship, he'll make out all the sound effect that he wants using his mouth... (ding dong chiang!!!)

today is Good Friday. somehow it's one of the public holidays in Manipal. so yey! it's holiday. planned to stay at home while others are in Goa. As in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD of manipal is in Goa now. so no point going there to see people that i can see in Manipal. moreover i'm so so so broke after our trip to north india. and the nerd-niCk need to get some studies done before pharmacology lecturers come and bombard us with lotsa drugs. or else i'll really get high.... high fever

got online today and receive a message from Chee Yong.
instead of saying happy easter (though it's not today), instead of saying “good morning” or “good afternoon” or “good evening” or maybe just a simple “good day”, he greeted me with:

"Good Friday!"

then me being polite wished him "Good evening"
and he said it's not funny.

So let’s see, today is Good Friday. Never truly understand what that Good Friday means until God touched my heart once upon a time.

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. –John 3:16

I always thought I was the one that controls my life. Well, it does make sense. I did what I thought it was right and I ended up follow what the world is doing. Blindly. Yeap! like a blur sotong (do you call them blur squid in English?).
God touched my heart once and gave me a purpose in life to live for. And no longer I need to follow what I’m not supposed to follow.

I have a purpose because of Him!

And sad to say, I come from a not so complete family. Not to say totally broken. Just not so complete. And I still cannot imagine how I could survive through my teenage years without God in a broken family. Probably I could, but I won’t become like what I am today.

The bible says that it is God that chose us. He chooses to love us.

And His ultimate love, by dieing on the cross for me and for you. To redeem , to save and to become our friend. As He died (when it’s done!), He tore the veil, He made a way for us to heaven, to God.

At the cross we bow down and reflect how great His love for us is. No matter how many times we fail God, He’s there with His arm open wide accepting our wrongs, forgiving us and guiding us through all circumstances.

Feels like you’re lost? Try God! He’ll touch you the way He touched me. And your life will be way exciting!

Remember what happened at the cross.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Praise God for the family u hav ! Even if it's not so complete, praise Him! Because in everything He does, there a purpose behind it.. He made you strong & made u to b who u r today.. Continue to b a blessing to others.. God bless & Happy Easter!!!
-angel-

rebekah said...

tsk tsk. at first i thought u wrote "dieting" instead of "dieing"...anyway. It's "dying"...btw.

yeah, amazing amazing amazing love. and amazing amazing amazing grace. so incredible, so indescribable, uncontainable...so great is our God yeah?

and hey, you still have a bigger family in Christ. and i believe God knows exactly what you're going thru and how the rest of ur family are going thru. :) God bless!

k0k s3n w4i said...

God had certainly been nice to you. I'll attest that you turned out to be a fine young man, indeed. You seem to be so happy all the time