Sunday, July 26, 2015

A Glimpse of Next Generation

Was doing my routine jog at the stadium and overheard a conversation between 2 youngsters that goes somewhat like this:
"This place is mostly for (a certain race), if you want to see (another race) you would need to go to another stadium."

I hate racism, and conversations like this makes me angry. That is exactly what is being taught to the young children nowadays for them to give out such comments. I will not expect any changes or improvement until people stop their racial prejudice. We cannot change our parent's generation, but it is high time for us to change and remove such mindset for the coming generation. Race is for us to respect, not segregate and despise.

Into my fifth lap, I jogged passed a teacher who was puffing away on his cigarette ON THE TRACK after his football match in front of all the children and actual health conscious people who are doing exercise there. Then we wonder why are kids as young as primary school age starting to smoke in public. Well if my teacher does it in public, why can't I right?

What an irony that YOU AS A TEACHER to smoke IN THE STADIUM, ON THE RUNNING TRACK where people like ME who is trying to stay healthy together with all children around trying to AVOID YOUR UNAVOIDABLE SECOND HAND SMOKE?!

That's a glimpse of what our coming generation going to be.

Here is a photo of my next generation, taken on the same track on a day without smokers and racist.



Father of a next generation child,
niCkson

No comments: