Monday, July 27, 2015

Recharge(d)

Took 4 days off including weekends to stay at home, settle some house chores, help taking care of Ethan and study.

What have I achieved?

Done quite a bit of questions in Pastest and did revision on topics that I used to know but now I don't or vaguely remember. The thing about medicine is, we have to practise to remember. That is why taking study break to sit at home and read doesn't really make me a good doctor. It only helps to consolidate my knowledge.

Spent time with Ethan and realised he is quite attached with his mommy now. Took the opportunity to spoil him by letting him sleep on my for the afternoon. At least he smiles more to me now. Parenting is something nobody can teach us unless we experience it ourselves. It was indeed challenging and fun at the same time. Being a doctor does not mean we are good parents. In fact we could be the worst parents. It all starts from zero on the day our child was born. Still learning, still struggling but seeing them grow gives us unspeakable joy.

Do the regular things in Kapit like eating out, grocery shopping. Things that I usually cannot do when I work. It is really good to just sit back and enjoy the town in the morning.

Lesser Pacer step count - average of 5000 per day. Way below my target of 10K steps a day. Makes me realised working is still the best way to get myself moving.

Did a photo shoot for Ethan. Totally love it. and thought about taking pictures as my side-income (again) which never became a reality.

Packed up some of the unused items in preparation for our great migration back to Kuching. People asked why leave? Well, it is time to move on.

Tried empurau for dinner. It is really time for me to leave Kapit. Been there, done it.

Watched DUMC live today. Totally in awed listening to Ps Kee talking about how Joseph died and how he instructed to people to keep his bone in Egypt and only to bring it back to Isreal when God delivered them from Egypt. Talking about faith that sees what is 400 years ahead. Time to think about what kind of legacy I want to leave behind when I die.

It was a fruitful break I would say. Time to get back to work.


A doctor (and a father) who works 7 days a week,
niCkson

No comments: