Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bye bye, po po.

when i know her, she was already an old woman to me. and dialectal barrier is the only thing that separated me and her. never could get a chance to understand her well.



and now that she's gone.



she's my "senai po po"



yesterday mom smsed me saying that po po passed away. natural death i suppose.



still remember last May, mom told me that po po insisted to travel all the way to KL to see all her children and grandchildren. she was 91 years old then and somehow felt more peaceful after the KL trip inspite of the horrible 4-hour-travel in a car.



since i wasn't around during her KL trip, i made a point to pay her a visit during my last August vacation. she was really glad that i went back to see her. and the best part was she actually remembered my mom telling her that i'm studying in overseas. and she praised me for making it to study overseas.



thank God that i made it to see her, somehow knowing that it was the last time.



good bye po po!






this is the only photo of senai po po i have in my hard disc. taken during chinese new year. and this shows how sharp her brain is despite her old age.

1 comment:

k0k s3n w4i said...

That's really moving, the part about senai po po wanting to see all her children and grandchildren.

there's no pain to leave after a full life.