Saturday, June 21, 2008

I Wonder

People, I'm much better now. Less irritated and trying my best to cope with psychiatry posting.

Actually, psychiatry posting is not as serious as making you psycho. It is in fact a very interesting field of medicine. We learn about people being depressed, psycho, bipolar, maniac etc... and i really wonder what is in their mind when they are having those disorders.



I used to see myself being a psychiatrist or a psychologist. But I changed my mind after knowing much about this field. well, who knows that's what God wants?! dunno...

Like yesterday, we met a patient with psychosis and mania. He's only 20 years old and he speaks good english. In fact I found him reading Scientific American this morning. Well he treat that as an English newspaper. So not very sure he IS reading it or not.

We were observing the doctors discussing about this case before they asked the patient to come into the class to be examined. As he came into the class, I can't help but to check if I'm dreaming or that guy is just acting silly. For all you know, he IS silly. The things that he said, the hallucinations, the funny actions, they are so fake yet they are real. Or course, certain things that he did made us laugh but sometimes he is really scary.

He calls himself God, he is a soldier, he was finding for his tree, sun and moon in the class things like that.

I seriously wonder,

What is in his mind?! How the will the society treat him?! What about the rest of his life?!

We went to talk to him this morning again. I was so scared when he asked me why I was wearing my glasses cause I seriously didn't know what to answer him in order that his symptom doesn't get aggravated.

and he calls a girl in our class Ashwarya Rai.

Interesting...

They are in their own world

No comments: